Go to One.IU and login with your IU network username. Aftwards, search for “My IU Calendar” in the search bar at the top.
You should see My IU Calendar. Click on the listing to take you to the application page.
If you’d like the calendar to be available on your homepage, click on Add to Favorites.
Click on Start to be taken to your personal calendar.
Click on the Options icon, which appears as a gear/cog icon in the upper right. This is shown below.
At the Options page you will find several choices. You can change your viewing preferences, view events you are attending or watching, and view events you have submitted to other calendars. You can also search, import your events with an iCal feed, and delete all the events you have created. To manage your group calendar and add/edit/delete an event, click on Maintain Group Calendars at the bottom.
Here you will find the calendar(s) you have access to.
Your Publishing Calendar will be titled something like “DEPT PUBLISHING Calendar.” It is only visible to the users in your AD group. Adding your events to this calendar gives you access to add it to the Campus Calendars and other Departmental Calendars. This is important; compose your event on this PUBLISHING Calendar, and when you are done editing the details, then add the event to your departmental and/or campus calendars. This allows you to edit all of your events from this calendar in one place.
Always make sure you are editing the right calendar. If you are editing events on your Publishing Calendar, then it should say Now Editing: DEPT PUBLISHING Calendar in the header. If you are editing a Departmental Calendar you should see the custom header for that calendar. So if it says “My Calendar” then you are editing your personal calendar. If this happens click on the Options link and get back to the right calendar. Also if you ever reach what you feel like is a dead-end and are not sure how to navigate back from where you are, click on the Options link.
Click on Maintain Events button of your Publishing Calendar when you want to add events.
After clicking on the Maintain Events button, you'll be taken to the Publishing Calendar’s list of events. To add an event, click on the Add Event button, which is the plus icon in the top right. This is shown below.
Afterwards, you’ll be taken to a WYSIWYG editor where you can create the event. The asterisks denote required fields — anything else is optional.
- The Overview tab includes basic information about the event; dates, times, location, description, etc.
- The Event Details tab includes information about the contact and cost.
- The Image tab allows you to give the event an image. The images must fit into a 1:1 aspect ratio, and you can select areas of an image to use. If you don’t have an image, it will use the default campus image for your calendar.
- The Recurrence tab allows for setting up events that occur on a regular basis (including weekly, monthly, annually, etc).
The last tab is the Calendar tab, and it is important to know how to use it.
On the left are calendars that you have access to post events into. The left is broken into three sections, but only two are important: Add Event and Submit Event.
- The Add Event section is in the top, and means any events added will automatically be posted to the calendar. This is the way you’ll add events to your Departmental Calendar.
- The Submit Event section is in the middle, and means any events submitted will require approval by the other calendar (in this case, Kelley School of Business - Undergraduate Events will need to approve the event).
Most of the time, you’ll only need to worry about the Add Event section.
Once you’re ready to add an event, find your Departmental Calendar, and click on it. Once it is highlighted in blue, click on the arrow pointing to the right.
You should now see the event on the right side. If not, retry the step above. You'll need to repeat this for all calendars you’d like to add the event to- including Campus Calendars.
Once finished, hit Save.
To edit your event, go to your publishing calendar (e.g. “ALUMNIRELATIONS IUPUI PUBLISHING Calendar”,) find your event, and click on the event title.